Notice of Proposed Policy Directive
Small Business Technology Transfer Program
Notice of Proposed Policy Directive; Small Business Technology Transfer Program
To: The Small Business Technology Transfer Program Directors.
Subject: Small Business Technology Transfer Program Reauthorization
Act of 2001--Amendments to the Small Business Technology Transfer
1. Purpose. Section 9(p) of the Small Business Act (15 U.S.C. 638)
(as amended by Public Law 107-50) requires the Administrator of the
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) to modify its Small Business
Technology Transfer (STTR) Program Policy Directive, issued for the
general conduct of the STTR Program.
2. Authority. This Policy Directive is issued pursuant to 15 U.S.C.
3. Procurement Regulations. It is recognized that the Federal
Acquisition Regulations may need to be modified to conform to the
requirements of the Reauthorization Act and the final Policy Directive.
SBA's Administrator or designee must review and concur with any
regulatory provisions that pertain to areas of SBA responsibility.
SBA's Office of Technology coordinates such regulatory actions.
4. Personnel Concerned. This Policy Directive serves as guidance
for all Federal government personnel who are involved in the
administration of the STTR Program, issuance and management of funding
agreements or contracts pursuant to the STTR Program, and the
establishment of goals for small business concerns in research or
research and development acquisition or grants.
5. Originator. SBA's Office of Technology, Office of Government
Contracting, Office of Government Contracting and Business Development.
6. Date. A final Policy Directive will be effective when published
in the Federal Register.
Fred C. Armendariz,
Associate Deputy Administrator, Government Contracting/Business
Development, Small Business Administration.
Hector V. Barreto,
Administrator, Small Business Administration.