The Act requires a ``simplified, standardized and timely annual
report'' from the STTR agencies. The following paragraphs explain more
about this requirement, including the due date, the kinds of
information to be included, and the number of copies to be submitted to
(1) Agency total fiscal year, extramural R/R&D total obligations as
reported to the National Science Foundation pursuant to the annual
Budget of the United States Government.
(2) STTR Program total fiscal year dollars derived by applying the
statutory percentum to the agency's extramural R/R&D total obligations.
(3) STTR Program fiscal year dollars obligated through STTR Program
funding agreements for Phase I and Phase II.
(4) Number of topics and subtopics contained in each program
(5) Number of proposals received by the agency for each topic and
subtopic in each program solicitation. Identify the number of proposals
received from, and the number and total amount of awards to HUBZone
(6) For both Phase I and Phase II, the awardee's name and address,
solicitation topic and subtopic, solicitation number, project title,
and total dollar amount of funding agreement. Identify women-owned
SBCs, economically and socially disadvantaged SBCs, HUBZone SBCs, and
Phase II awardees with follow-on funding commitments.
(7) Justification for the award of any funding agreement exceeding
$100,000 for Phase I or $500,000 for Phase II ($750,000 beginning
October 1, 2003).
(8) The number of awardees for whom the Phase I process exceeded 6
months starting from the closing date of the STTR solicitation to award
of the funding agreement.
(9) For an agency Phase III award using non-STTR Federal funds to
continue a Phase II project, the agency must provide the name, address,
project title, and dollar amount obligated.
(10) Justification for awards made under a topic or subtopic where
the agency received only one proposal. Agencies must also provide the
awardee's name and address, the topic or subtopic, and dollar amount of
award. Information must be collected quarterly but updated in the
agency's annual report.
(11) If applicable, report the number of National Critical
Technology topic or subtopic funding agreements issued, including an
identification of the specific critical technology topics, and the
percentage by number and dollar amount of the agency's total STTR
awards to such National Critical Technologies topics.
(12) Report all instances in which an agency pursued R/R&D,
services, production, or any such combination of a technology developed
by an STTR awardee and determined that it was not practicable to enter
into a follow-on funding agreement with non-STTR funds with that
concern. See section 9(a)(11) for minimum reporting requirements.