The following are proposed topic areas for the NIH 2014-1 SBIR Contracts Solicitation.
** NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH (NIH)
National Cancer Institute (NCI):
- Development of Novel Therapeutic Agents that Target Cancer Stem Cells;
- Reformulation of Failed Chemotherapeutic Drugs;
- Validation of 3D Human Tissue Culture Systems that Mimic the Tumor Microenvironment;
- Proteomic Analysis of Single Cells Isolated from Solid Tumors;
- Generation of Site-Specific Phospho-Threonine Protein Standards for use in Cancer Assays;
- Development of a Biosensor-Based Core Needle Tumor Biopsy Device;
- Development of Radiation Modulators for Use During Radiotherapy;
- Software Tools for the Development of Environmental Measures Related to Cancer Health Behaviors and Resources.
National Center For Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS):
National Heart, Lung And Blood Institute (NHLBI):
- Development of Biomarkers for Rare Diseases as Endpoints for Clinical Trial Measurements;
- Development of Neurocognitive Pediatric Tools for Measuring and Analyzing Clinical Study Endpoints in Rare Neurocognitive Disorders;
- Exploring the Potential of CRISPR/CAS Genome-editing Tools;
- Droplet Detection System.
- Passive MRI Cardiovascular Guidewire;
- MRI Myocardial Needle Injection Catheter;
- Transcatheter Pulmonary Artery Resist;
- Value of Information Models for Clinical Trial Assessment;
- Development of Molecular Imaging Agents and Methods to Detect High Risk Atherosclerotic Plaque;
- Tools for Educating Children About Clinical Research.
National Institute On Aging (NIA):
National Institute On Alcohol Abuse And Alcoholism (NIAAA):
- Development of Calorie-restricted and Nutrient-balanced Medicinal Food Products for Mitigation of Age-related Diseases or Conditions.
National Institute Of Allergy And Infectious Diseases (NIAID):
- Development of a Database of Non-English Measures and Instruments for Use in Alcohol Research.
National Institute On Drug Abuse (NIDA):
- Biomedical Methods To Quantify Adherence To Prevention Clinical Trial Study ¬ Products and Strategies;
- Simple, Inexpensive Assay for Five Common HIV Resistance Mutations;
- Formulation for Oral Delivery;
- Adjuvant Development.
- Web Resource System for Prescription Drug Providers, Researchers and Users:
- The Prescription Drug Abuse Policy System (PDAPS);
- Technological Tools to Facilitate Implementation of Evidence-Based Substance Abuse Prevention Interventions among the Military;
- Products to Prevent (Lethal) Drug-induced Respiratory Depression;
- Bundled Service for Designing Methodologically Rigorous Animal Studies;
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Web Platform to Integrate Behavioral Health & Prevention with Primary Care.
** CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC)
Center For Global Health (GCH):
National Center On Birth Defects And Developmental Disabilities (NCBDDD):
- Development of Novel Malaria Parasite Metabolite-based Non-invasive Diagnostic Biosensor.
- Developing Rapid Test for the Diagnosis of Sickle Cell Disease;
- Development of Rapid, Point-of-care Tests for Cytomegalovirus (CMV);
- Nutrition Support for Group Homes Serving Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities.
National Center For Chronic Disease Prevention And Health Promotion (NCCDPHP):
- Promoting Regular Physical Activity for Older Adults through "Wayfinding" Technology;
- Development of Pills or Tablets to Expedite Water Fluoridation;
- Application for Improving Embryo Transfer Practices at Fertility Clinics.
National Center For Emerging Zoonotic And Infectious Diseases (NCEZID):
- Distinguishing Infection, Colonization, and Recurrence in Patients with Clostridium difficile;
- Development of Reagents for Diagnosis of Fungal Infections in Formalin-fixed Paraffinized (FFPE) Tissue Blocks;
- Rapid Detection of Endemic Fungal Infections in the United States;
- Development of Anti-Japanese Encephalitis Virus Human Monoclonal Antibodies Using Humanized Rodent Models;
- Formulation of Nootkatone in Soaps and Lotions for Lyme Disease Prevention.
National Center For HIV/AIDs, Viral Hepatitis, STD, AND TB Prevention (NCHHSTP):
- Development of a Rapid Test for Detection Hepatitis C Core Antigen in Clinical Samples;
- Development of a Laboratory Test for Detection of Serum Biomarkers Associated with Hepatocellular Carcinoma;
- The Innovative Delivery of Confidential Medical Information;
- Development of a Mobile Application for Homeless Youth and Providers;
- Leveraging Technology to Prevent STIs Using High-Intensity Behavioral Counseling;
- Assessing the Feasibility of e-measure Adoption in an EHR Environment.
National Center For Immunization And Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD):
- Thermostable Dry Vaccine Formulation for Microneedle Administration;
- Development of Anti-diphtheria Antibodies for Use in Humans.
Office Of Public Health Preparedness And Response (OPHPR):
- "Plug and Play" Global Health Security Initiative (GHSI) Response Tool;
- Improved Rapid Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing from Primary Specimens.
Copyright © 2013 Zyn Systems. All rights reserved.